Pasta with no carbs? Count me in. I love to spiralize veggie noodles but spaghetti squash is just way too easy, just throw it in the oven and no clean up necessary.
The trick to spaghetti squash is letting it cool before trying to “fork” the “noodles.” I feel they come out more stringy and less in chunks when allowed to cool for a good 20 minutes.
I gradually add the lemon and oil to the food processor. I prefer my pesto more chunky and less oily so feel free to add more oil than I recommend.
Tyler and I are obsessed with portobello mushrooms but white mushrooms are just as yummy with this dish.
Plate. Mix. and Enjoy!
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large spagetti squash
- 16 ounces portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees
- Bake spaghetti squash whole for 45 minutes
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and let cool for 20 minutes
- Combine, walnuts, spinach, basil, garlic, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, than gradually add oil juice of lemon until mostly smooth.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add mushrooms. Sauce for 7-8 minutes.
- Fork the spaghetti squash into “noodles”
- Spoon a generous amount of pesto over the noodles, add some walnuts and cheese to top!