This dish looks super healthy… like too healthy… like where you need to take a visit to the fridge after your done because your still not satisfied healthy. BUT that can not be further from the truth. Once mixed it tastes like a cheesy risotto WITHOUT any cheese added. My favorite type of meals are ones that tastes like cheat meals but in fact a generous serving isn’t gonna set back your beach body goals.
Tyler and I were up in North Georgia this last weekend and got to stop at a local farmers market. We picked up these beautiful PINK peas. I’m a sucker for buying things just because I think they are pretty. Unfortunately, once cooked they loose their vibrant color and didn’t taste the best. The great thing about buddha bowls and tahini sauce is that most veggies can be substituted to your liking. After enjoying this dish myself I would have to say the sweet potatoes and mushrooms are non-negationalbes, they truly made the dish.
TIP: After cooking the couscous, you want to rinse it so they don’t clump together.
Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 16 ounces mushrooms
- 1 bunch broccolini
- two handfuls of radishes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bag spinach
- 2 cups isreali couscous
- 1/2 cup fage greek yogurt
- 1 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper to taste but be generous with the salt
- Microwave sweet potato for 2 minutes, let cool
- Start boiling water for the couscous. Follow water: couscous ratio suggested on box.
- Slice mushrooms, radishes, and sweet potato (peel first). Cut the ends off the broccollini.
- Add couscous to boiling water. cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add veggies (except for the spinach). Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While everything is cooking. Make the sauce. Add the tahini, greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix and gradually add water until sauce is pourable.
- One the couscous is ready, drain and rinse.
- Add couscous, veggies (now add the spinach), and sauce back to the pan you cooked the veggies in. Reheat.
- Plate and Enjoy!