Its safe to say people are obsessed with unicorn toast. As a child toast was burnt bread with some jam or butter spread on it. I basically would set it to the side and go in for the good stuff. Then toast made a come back, reinvesting itself, low and behold you have, avocado toast. And again people, myself included, would go to brunch to spend $12 all so I could snapchat me eating two basic food groups: carbs and fat. With avocado toast being labeled too “basic” (because literally it is just that) unicorn toast made its debut. An instagram’s dream, vibrant, delicious and of course its #foodporn. I told myself avocado toast was healthy because like its “good fat.” But how was I gonna convince myself that cream cheese and bread is a breakfast of champions when this champion is more of a bikini wearing, sun bathing type of champion. So there you have it, my internal conflict, and out of this developed yogurt “cream cheese.” Because I can lie to myself and tell myself that if there are probiotics then yes its definitely healthy!!!!!
- 32 oz. greek yogurt
- 1 beet
- 1 inch of peeled turmeric
- 1 capsule Blue Majik
- sliced bread
- toppings: sprinkles, avocado, smoked salmone etc.
- Place a strainer in a bowl and line the strainer with coffee filters
- Place yogurt in the coffee filters and place in fridge for 12 hours or overnight.
(looks just like cream cheese huh?)
Instead of using food coloring, I used natural ingredients. (go read the benefits of Blue Majik here: https://ashleykisling.com/2017/03/31/blue-majik-milk/)
3. Peel and slice 1 inch of turmeric. Add 2 tablespoons water and bring to a boil. water the water turn yellow.
4. Cut the end of a beet and again add 2 tablespoons water and bring to a boil.
5. Separate the “cream cheese” into thirds. Add the beet water to 1/3 and mix. Add the turmic water to 1/3 and mix. Add the powder of 1 capsule of blue majik to the last 1/3.
6. Spread on some toasted bread.
7. Add your desired toppings.