So I must confess. Most of my recipes are not the quickest and are quite involved but this one is quick and easy.
I love adding imitation crab to a lot of our “asian-fusion” dishes but if your not a fan a fried egg, shrimp or scallops would also be a good addition.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2pound (about 10) Brussel sprouts
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 2 green onions
- 1 avocado
- 1 package imitation crab
- black sesame seeds to garnish
- Shred the Brussel sprouts. Dice the green onions. Cube the imitation crab. Slice the avocado.
- Cook Brussel sprouts over medium heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, make the dressing. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until smooth and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add soba noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil so that noodles do not stick together.
- Toss Brussel sprouts, noodles, sauce, crab, green onions and avocado. Eat cold or heat to desired temperature. Garnish with black sesame seeds.