Food porn at its finest. Don’t watermelon radish make everything look so much more delish? I’m super pumped because we found a local international market the that is the size of Costco! I found the coolest fruits and veggies and so many asian ingredients! Be ready for some healthy asian-fusion on the blog!
The purple sweet potatoes do have a firmer flesh and tend to be more dense so be patient, they will take longer in the oven than traditional sweet potatoes.
But they are worth the wait! Because they are jammed back with healthy benefits.
- Help lower and regulate blood pressure
- Prevent Blood Clots
- Loaded with phytonutrients to help reduce inflammation
- Fee-Radical scavenging and antioxidant properties
- High-fiber food
- Great for Endurance Athletes and Runners
This can be a great pre/post-workout meal or a mouth-watering side dish.
Tyler often skips lunch so we tend to go all out for dinner plus I eat like a 15 year-old growing boy so this alone would not cut it. I decided to pair it with salmon and cauliflower mashed potatoes with truffle oil. I must say this was a winning trio!
Side note: Tyler and I found this amazing olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting room. We literally almost tried them all. We wanted to go home with all of them but narrowed it down to:
- Lavender balsamic vinegar
- Black truffle oil (AMAZING WITH THE CAULIFLOWER MASHED POTATOES)
- Honey Ginger balsamic vinegar
You can purchase them online at: http://www.alpineolivetree.com
- 2 purple sweet potatoes
- 1 15 oz can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TBS turmeric powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for an hour and a half. (Try and do the night before.)
- Prepare your dressing by mixing together the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper and add as much water until runny.
- Add chickpeas to the oven for last 20-25 minutes. Half way through toss the chickpeas.
- Split your sweet potatoes down the center, fluff inside with a fork. Add chickpeas and top with the turmeric tahini dressing.